What is WiFi Calling? Wi-Fi calling is a service for smartphones that, as it sounds, allows you to make calls over a Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi calling relies on technology called SIP / IMS, which tunnels your calls via the Internet instead of cell towers. As a result, you are not using cell towers to make calls, meaning that you do not need cellular service. When making a wifi call it is like placing a regular call, without logging in or using the app. Your carrier and phone will determine whether you can call via WiFi.
How Enable it on Iphone & Android
Steps to Enable Wifi Calling on Iphone
- Go to Settings – Phone – WiFi Calling
- Turn on Wi-Fi calling on this iPhone slider.
- Select “Enable” to turn on Wi-Fi calling. You can ignore the warning about what data your carrier collects.
Steps to Enable Wifi Calling on Android Phone
- Open Settings – More – More Settings (under Wireless & Network).
- Select “Wi-Fi Calling” and activate it to enable the feature.
- If you cannot find this option, search for it as it may be located elsewhere in the interface.
Benefit of using Wifi Calling
So why should you be willing to make calls via the Internet instead of having regular cellular calls?
- It is free (except for data usage) which means you can use it abroad and avoid paying extra for international calls.
- This can be used where cellular reception is in place of our direct malfunction.
- You can make and receive calls over WiFi using your phone number.
- You can make video calls without LTE connection.
Read Reated Articles:-
We hope now you may know about the what is wifi calling and how to enable wi-fi calling on iphone and android, If you like this article share with your friends and family tell us about these latest update.